Saturday, January 02, 2010

Eighth Day of Christmas...

and my love didn't give me much of anything today, but that's just fine. We had icon-writing today and St Nicholas of Myra is progressing. Worked on his (admittedly thin) hair. He will be very nice when he is done.

PH and I are going out for date night tonight...probably Indian food, since we haven't had that for a while and it is so cold that very spicy food would be pure pleasure.

We saw "Invictus" last night - wonderful beyond words. I'm not much of a sports person, and the movie revolves around the rugby world cup series, but it is a great telling of the story of Mandela when he first becomes president of South Africa and his wisdom in leadership. It blew me away, and when the crowd sang "Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika" PH and I were both wiping our eyes (PH grew up in Africa). Definitely a must see.

Tomorrow will be the Christmas Pageant at Saint Middle School - adorable kids in adorable costumes, singing familiar carols. This event was postponed because of the Snowpocalypse on Dec 20th, and this gives me a great opportunity to teach about the twelve days of Christmas, focusing the celebration on the time between Christmas and Epiphany. Should be fun. Afterwards I'll be driving down to the diocesan conference center for a couple of days of retreat with some of my clergy chick friends.

I can't tell you how ready I am for a brief break for prayer and quiet reading. It's been a busy few weeks, and there are lots of things cooking right now, and time to get some perspective will be very helpful.

PH will spend the next week teaching a DMin class at a seminary nearby...good to see him doing something he does well and doesn't get much chance to do anymore. And I've left him with enough frozen food that he certainly won't starve to death while I'm away.

TTYL.

No comments: