Thursday, October 01, 2009

Thrill-Filled Thursday

Well, maybe not thrills, but lots of stuff going on, some of which are bloggable and some of which are not.

I went to a great Clericus meeting for our region, renewing friendships with some folks whom I know, making some new friendships...good men and women with a heart for the work, building each other up.

I am working through some very interesting pastoral care issues, ones that I could never have anticipated I would be handling a bare four months after ordination. I am so grateful to be able to talk through some of this with PH, who has 20 years of experience as a pastoral counselor.

It looks like we got approval for the loan for StrongOpinions' tuition. A relief to get that taken care of.

Car wars continue: I have to take Saabie in for an alignment and the annual inspection tomorrow. The joy of car ownership - I'm telling myself that it is cheaper to fix it than to buy another, and heaven knows I couldn't afford another Saab these days, but the thought of a vehicle on warranty suddenly sounds very attractive.

The twelfth anniversary approaches, and I keep finding more ways why I love PH and think that I am the most fortunate person in the world.

Your prayers for me in discernment are helping: some things are becoming clearer. Sometimes it isn't about listening for the Spirit in your head, but feeling the Spirit in your gut.

Remarkable, that.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Rev Dr Mom said...

Cars--aaacck!

And feeling the Spirit in your gut--yes, indeed!