Monday, September 21, 2009

Too Much to Do and Not Enough Time

This will be quick because things are crazy this week:

The trip to The Garden State to interview went well. They have other candidates, so it will be a while before I know anything.

The trip to the little church down south of here will be on Wednesday. I have no idea how their process will work, since they've done things a little differently than other places, so who knows. It is a place in which I have great interest, so I hope some of my questions get answered.

No word yet on the Windy City job (I am one of two finalists).

Today and tomorrow it is off to the capitol of the Confederacy for a session of the New Clergy Networking/Support/Learning group. The good news is that I'll drive down with Marathon Ethicist, one of my favorite people in the world. The bad news is that I haven't a clue when I'll find time to write Sunday's sermon this week, since I will be in a car for several hundred miles over three days. And there are a number of other things that need tending, including doing food shopping this morning. Ack.

Things I am grateful for:
  • a visit to Saint Middle School from a member of my sponsoring parish, a good buddy who has been very kind and generous to me. A nice lunch and chinwag with him after church yesterday. Thanks, D!

  • dinner with a small group of witty and smart friends. Good food. Bad jokes. Loving talk about our larger circle of mutual friends and their children. Thanks P and T et al!

  • PH's unfailing calm and good humor in the midst of all the uncertainty in our lives right now. He did all the driving on our sojourn this weekend, was my eyes and ears in the midst of the interview, spoke wisely and well when they asked him a few questions, and kept me calm and sufficiently caffeinated. What a guy!

Make you a deal: you keep me in your prayers as I wait and discern, and I'll keep you in mine!

Peace out....

1 comment:

Rev Dr Mom said...

You've got a deal! Good luck!