Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Random Dots of Tuesday

  • The family member who was in the auto accident last week was discharged from the hospital yesterday. She's now in a rehab hospital, and is making remarkable progress. I just wish I had found out from her husband before I went to the first hospital this morning. Teaches me to call and check first!

  • The cat who has always been the pukiest feline in the universe let loose this morning with some nastiness as I was in the midst of reading the Psalm for Morning Prayer. "How long, O Lord, How long?" Perfect timing.

  • Drove out to the office for a meeting that got us where we needed to be (conditionally) on some financial matters. That was good. Then I just got a call from someone who had gotten a message from The Person In Charge Of These Things doing a 180 on what he had said in the meeting. That upped my sighing-per-hour quotient considerably.

  • The meeting that is to be held tonight for which today's meeting was preparatory now will not include us. The good news is that I get to go home earlier than 10 pm. The bad news is that a matter which needs tending must be left untended, which has implications for Saint Middle School's Thursday night Vestry Meeting. This sort of stuff runs downhill, doesn't it?

  • It's quarterly SECA tax payment time. Enough said.

On the upside, StrongOpinions has regular flu, not H1N1, and was promptly seen by a doctor. My sermon for Sunday is - remarkably - done, so I can think about the mini-homily I will give as part of my interview on Saturday, and the Adult Forum will be the ever-popular "Stump the Pastor" Q&A, which requires no prep on my part at all. My husband loves me, the laundry is done and folded, if not entirely put away, I think I'm a pound lighter than I was on Sunday.

And if I'm lucky, the cat hasn't left me any vomitacious gifts on the living room rug.

Jesus loves me, this I know.

No comments: