Friday, September 25, 2009

Random Dots of Friday


  • The massive headache of this morning is gone. Thanks be to God for Advil and coffee.

  • The massive student loan is applied for and tentatively approved. I'm hoping it all goes through quickly, to relieve StrongOpinions' angst about it, and the University's whining about needing their money nnnnooooowwwww! The Ex is not helping, once again redefining the rules to suit his purposes. God'll gitcha fer that, ya varmint.

  • I found another interview suit that will work for cooler weather on the Talbots website. The stuff was on sale already, and I had a 20% off coupon with free shipping. The website had some hiccups, so I had to do online customer service chat. Definitely not as efficient as talking to a humanoid on the phone, but the service person helped me through their software bugs. Now I just have to pray that it will fit.

  • Spewky (oops, that should be Spooky) and Mia, our two cats, have to go for their annual vet visits on Monday. That means wrangling them into their crates and driving them across town with them wailing pitifully all the way. We need to find out why Spewky spews so much, and whether we can get kitty tranqs when it's time for us to move them to another abode. The thought of driving several hours (anywhere from 4 to 12 depending on where I'm called) with two yowling cats is enough to require Mibi tranqs.

  • The sermon and the Adult Ed program are done. Not brilliant, but adequate. My standards for "adequate" have mellowed considerably, now that I have to do it every week.

Time for date night with PH. It will be margaritas and tex-Mex. Tomorrow will be the usual Farmer's Market expedition and icon-writing, followed by laundry and cooking dinner. Maybe a movie. There's a new Juliette Binoche ("Paris") and PH will want to go pay hommage to his other girl. Aren't I a good wife?

No comments: