Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Random Dots of Tuesday

  • I went to the eye doctor for my annual visit, fully expecting that my visual acuity had gone to hell in a handbasket given the quantity of reading and computer time this past year. But no! The reading prescription had to be cranked up a notch, and otherwise all the numbers were the same. In the interest of experimentation, and because I am always losing my glasses, I am now trying monovision contact lenses (left eye for reading, right eye for seeing distance). We shall see. The distance thing works fine; the reading thing not so much yet, but I do need to adjust to this.

  • A priest friend called last night to tell me that she received a call from her sponsoring parish about four hours north of here. Unbeknownst to me, she comes from one of the parishes to which I made application this past week. They seem interested, asked her all sorts of questions. She told me all about it (she has worked with me and likes what she has seen) and gave me a lot of helpful info about the church, the community, and the folks on the search committee. I would like this one to go to the next step and enter into some conversations with them...in many ways, it would be a very good fit for me. Nice to know I'm (possibly) in the running for something.

  • Another priest called regarding another job about an hour north of here...shared some interesting things about the place and seemed somewhat impressed with me. We will see if the search committee wants to go the next step.

  • Leaving in two hours for coffee with another priest friend who has an assistantship open. This one is in my old neighborhood, and I have mixed feelings about that. I don't know if it is a fit or not, but it is always good to have conversations with good people. You never know where the conversations lead.

  • Yet another friend made a call on my behalf for another position north of here.

All of this feels good - like stuff is moving in the right direction.

Speaking of things moving in the right direction, I'm excited about the nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to the US Supreme Court. I want to read more about her track record in the appellate court, but what I know so far sounds very promising. A Latina on the Court...si, se puede!

3 comments:

David Crosby said...

Praying for something positive to pop for you.

Rev Dr Mom said...

Always good to have possibilities. Hope one of them turns out to be the right place for you.

Mary Beth said...

hurrah
1