Monday, April 20, 2009

Thesis Redux

I got the comments from the outside reader for my thesis. 7 pages worth. He has raised some interesting questions, some that indicate he didn't read it quite as closely as my advisor did, and some that I outright disagree with. I will meet sometime over the next day or two with my advisor to figure out which we will address in the final.

He did, however, say "the exegetical discussion...is strong, well-informed, and insightful. The writing style is clear and lucid...I enjoyed reading it."

PH tells me that the reader's level of engagement with the thesis is indicative of the quality of my work, that the reader wouldn't have given me such detailed notes if this was just a blah piece of work. I'm just trying to figure out what work needs to be done to get this puppy done.

No comments: