Saturday, August 23, 2008

Friday Five: Dates

Sonbird gave us this fun meme yesterday. As usual, I didn't get it done yesterday. Says something about me and dates, doesn't it?

1) Datebooks--how do you keep track of your appointments? Electronically? On paper? Month at a glance? Week at a glance?

I've got a Palm Zire, a wonderful little electronic device that holds dates, contacts, etc. Not quite as comprehensive as a Blackberry or an iPhone, but it works for me. We also have a family calendar on the frig, which has birthdays and who's out of town when.

2) When was the last time you forgot an important date?

You mean outside of forgetting it was Friday, time to do the meme? I'm pretty meticulous about the important dates, but many years ago I missed a key deadline for a government contract for my business, and that was not a good thing.

3) When was the last time you went OUT on a date?

Last night. Friday is Date Night for PH and me. We joined some friends at a local watering hole for a glass of wine, then went to Eamonn's for some Dublin-style fish and chips.

4) Name one accessory or item of clothing you love even though it is dated.

Can't decide if it's my crocs or my clogs. Love 'em, but my daughter rolls her eyes whenever I put them on.

5) Dates--the fruit--can't live with 'em? Or can't live without 'em?

I ate a bunch of them when I was in the Middle East, where they're the harbinger of hospitality. They're fresher and more delicious over there. Back here in the US, I tend to use them in cooking more than eating by themselves, since they're caloric little devils.

So much for dates!

2 comments:

Processing Counselor said...

Oooh. Didn't think about the calories. Sigh...

Unknown said...

Clogs? Dated?
Uh-oh.