Friday, August 31, 2007

Friday Five: Seasonal Edition

Friday 5: Seasons Change

I'm recovering from my morning painting the commuter lounge in seminary by doing the Friday Five. The questions are brought to us from RevGalBlogPals by Reverendmother.

1. Share a highlight from this summer. (If you please, don't just say "our vacation to the Canadian Rockies." Give us a little detail or image. Help us live vicariously through you!)

Driving through Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado with PH.

2. Are you glad to see this summer end? Why or why not?

Two reasons: CPE is done, and as much as I loved it, it was exhausting. School is starting again, and I really missed it. (Remind me of this when I start complaining about the workload in a couple of months.)

3. Name one or two things you're looking forward to this fall.

My classes and beginning Field Ed with a great supervisor. Restarting choir is next on the list.

4. Do you have any special preparations or activities to mark the transition from one season to another? (Cleaning of house, putting away summer clothes, one last trip to the beach)

Doing a de-cluttering of last season's school stuff (see below). Buying another batch of books for classes.

5. I'll know that fall is really here when we take out the sweaters and the Danskos and put away the t-shirts and the crocs.

3 comments:

St. Casserole said...

I'm envious of you returning to school. I miss being a student but can't think of what degree to get next.

I have my Danskos out ready, if the weather gets cooler.

Lauralew said...

Wish I could be with you all this fall! Missing you! The plan is that I'll be back next fall.

mibi52/ The Rev. Dr. Mary Brennan Thorpe said...

Oh, LL, I so hope you'll be back next year! Does that mean you'll graduate with my class?