Thursday, August 09, 2007

Are We There Yet?

Six more days of CPE. The last two days are final evaluation and graduation and stuff like that, so there are really only four more days of clinical work. Remarkably, we have an IPR (group work) scheduled for the final day. I'm ready for it to be over. I got my last verbatim written and have pretty much finished my self-evaluation (it came in at a modest 12 pages); I may polish the final eval a little bit more over the next couple of days, but if I so chose, I could say it is done right now.

We all seem just whupped right now. Even the supervisor seems to have checked out. The string of ungodly hot days hasn't helped matters.

I've learned a lot through this experience, as I had expected, but now I need some space to process it all.

I still think I want to do some on-call work in the fall, but I need a month away from this kind of work. I need a couple of weeks of knitting and reading trashy mystery novels and cleaning the house (or not). I need some time away from dying babies and crying parents. I need silliness. I need chocolate.

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Blessings on your respite. You're in my prayers.

Towanda said...

definitely chocolate. Via IV if at all possible!

Sophia said...

Hang in there. It's tough through to the bitter end, but it will be over soon!